“Easter is sweet to go,” Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk introduced as she ended the three-day snap lockdown in Brisbane right now after just one COVID case has been recorded in a single day.
“I perceive a whole lot of households in Better Brisbane have made plans and the very last thing we wish to see are accidents on our roads at 5pm this afternoon into the night. So if in case you have plans, the lockdown is lifted from 12 midday right now and I encourage individuals to take care on the roads,” Palaszczuk stated.
Whereas the lockdown will finish, a variety of restrictions will stay in place for all Queensland. The next protocols will nonetheless apply for the following two weeks:
- Necessary masks in public indoor areas, together with buying centres, indoor workplaces and public transport
- Masks have to be carried everytime you go away residence
- Patrons should stay seated at meals and beverage institutions and the two-square-metre rule will apply
- Family gatherings might be restricted to 30 individuals
- No dancing in public venues
- Out of doors occasions can proceed with a COVID-safe plan but when attendees are unable to socially distance, masks have to be worn
- No private guests allowed at aged care houses, incapacity care, hospitals and correctional amenities, with some exceptions for end-of-life care
Whereas church companies with 100% capability are given the go sign, the two-square-metre rule and sporting a masks of all attendees have to be carried out.
In the meantime, guests to aged care and incapacity amenities, hospitals and prisons is not going to be allowed. The restrictions will seemingly stay for the following fortnight, with solely end-of-life visits permitted.
“They will’t produce other guests which I do know could be very, very troublesome over this Easter interval,” Queensland chief well being officer Dr. Jeanette Younger stated. “Hopefully after we get all of these websites vaccinated sooner or later, we received’t have to do this once more however we have to, for the time being, defend our most susceptible.”