Additionally Identified As: Lord of the Dance Pose, Dancing Shiva Pose
Targets: Legs, core, stability
Yoga’s most superior postures usually require placing collectively a mix of adverse abilities. King Dancer Pose (Natarajasana) requires robust stability, intense backbending, and open shoulders, all of which take time to domesticate.
In a backbend sequence, King Dancer Pose would come close to the tip, and you might comply with it with Standing Half Ahead Bend (Ardha Uttanasana) as a counter pose.
Watch Now: Easy methods to Strengthen Your Stability with Dancer Pose
King Dancer Pose strengthens the legs, improves stability and core power, and stretches the shoulders. It opens the hip flexors (psoas muscular tissues) as a counter to tight hips that develop from an excessive amount of sitting.
Enhancing your stability and core power helps in lots of each day actions and sports activities. Additionally, you will want good focus and focus for this pose, and apply helps prepare these skills.
Start by standing tall in Mountain Pose (Tadasana) together with your weight equally distributed in each toes.
- Shift your weight onto the correct foot. Bend your left knee to raise your left foot off the ground. Hold your left knee hugging towards your midline all through this pose.
- Grasp the instep of your left foot together with your left hand. Your thumb is resting on the only real of your foot and pointing within the course of your toes.
- Elevate your proper arm straight as much as the ceiling.
- Elevate your left leg behind you as you carry your torso ahead as a counterbalance. Do not forget that your left knee shouldn’t splay out to the aspect. Your proper arm can even transfer ahead.
- Kick your left foot strongly into your left hand to raise the leg increased and deepen the backbend. Hold your left toes lively.
- Repair your gaze (Drishti) on one thing that does not transfer so that you just donâ€™t lose the stability.
- Maintain 5 to 10 breaths.
- Hold kicking your left foot into your left hand to rise again up. Decrease your left leg again according to your proper. Repeat the pose on the opposite aspect.
You want a superb base for King Dancer, so make sure to unfold your toes in your supporting foot. Your knee needs to be barely comfortable, not locked, hyperextended, or overly bent. It is best to interact your quadriceps (the muscular tissues on the entrance of the thigh) to maintain your supporting knee comfortable.
Hold your hips sq. and knees aligned with the hips so you do not have a rotation that mars the alignment.
Modifications and Variations
Take this pose step-by-step, stopping alongside the best way at any time when vital. As you progress, make changes to advance your self.
Want a Modification?
Place your self close to a wall so you may attain out together with your hand for stability if it is advisable to.
You probably have problem bringing your decrease leg up or reaching it, you might use a strap to help you.
Up for a Problem?
Once you really feel very snug with the pose as described above, begin to work on the next variations:
- Work your left foot into the criminal of your left elbow. Elevate your proper arm up and behind your again to bind together with your left hand. That is virtually like a standing model of Mermaid Pose.
- Shift your grasp in your left foot in order that your left elbow is pointing up towards the ceiling. The left hand grabs the surface of the foot and the correct hand comes up and behind to seize the surface (huge toe aspect) of the identical foot. This requires coming right into a deeper backbend.
- Upon getting maintain of your left foot with the left hand from above, transfer your proper arm right into a parallel place and grab the identical raised foot. The place of your arms and foot are much like that of Full Pigeon. If you cannot fairly attain your foot with each fingers overhead, loop a strap across the foot to assist bridge the hole.
- Stability and deepen the backbend by kicking the foot into the certain fingers and lifting the chest.
Security and Precautions
Keep away from this pose if in case you have an ankle or again damage or if in case you have dizziness or stability issues. Be sure you shield your supporting knee by not locking it or hyperextending it (bending it too far backward).
Attempt It Out
Incorporate this transfer and comparable ones into one among these well-liked exercises:
- Standing Stability Yoga Poses
- Yoga Poses to Stretch Your Quads
- Yoga Poses for the Psoas